Forums » Talk about Paul Weller

Help to bring Paul Weller to Perth, Australia

• October 8, 2014 10:18 AM BST

We want to bring the Modfather himself Paul Weller to play live in Perth, Western Australia.

A Paul Weller gig organised and funded by the fans for the fans

Recently in the music press you will have seen articles about the surge of crowd funded gigs that are taking the music industry by storm. The overwhelming success of the original crowd funded Foo Fighters gig in the USA shows just what regular music fans can achieve when they come together as one.

Dreams of bringing your favourite artists to play in your hometown are now becoming a reality thanks to crowd funding schemes such as the original Foo Fighters gig. Now Paul Weller fans in Western Australia can look forward to becoming a part of their very own crowd funded project.

Living in one of the most isolated cities in the world, we as music fans in Perth are used to seeing the biggest bands and artists bypass our city with their tours on a regular basis. Paul has played here in the past but we can't envisage that happening again in the near future if at all. Perth just doesn't have the pull. Crowd funding helps bring the pulling power back to Perth via the people.

We now have the opportunity to bring one of Britain's most important and influential artists of the last 50 years back to Perth and YOU can be part of it.

If you want to get behind this project or you're simply just curious as a fellow Paul Weller fan then visit the following link to support the cause >>> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/733209692/paul-weller-live-in-perth-western-australia

• 7 posts
    October 8, 2014 11:57 AM BST

I think this is a great idea, and I wish you good luck with the project!!!

• October 9, 2014 7:32 AM BST

Thanks Jens and thanks for supporting the cause through your website. It's much appreciated! Top Man :)

• 1 posts
    April 16, 2015 6:02 AM BST

I hope Paul will play again in Australia, Perth, then play in Melbourne in Victoria, near my home town.